Monday, October 25, 2010

This is my prayer

Lord, it has been tough lately, however I still continue to thank you for each day given to me.  Thank you for my being able to wake up this morning with the ability to see the sunshine, and hear the rustle of the leaves falling from the trees.  I am so blessed because you are a forgiving God and an understanding God.  You have done so much for me and you keep blessing me. 

Please forgive me for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you.  I ask for your forgiveness.  Please continue to keep me safe from all danger and harm.  Help me start each day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude.  Help me make the best of each and every day, to clear my mind so that I can hear from you.  Please broaden my mind that I can 'accept' all things, even those I don't understand.  Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over.  May I continue to see sin through your eyes and acknowledge it as evil.  When I do sin, let me repent and confess with my mouth my wrongdoing, and receive the forgiveness of God.

When this world closes in on me, let me remember Jesus' example - to slip away and find a quiet place and pray.  It is the best response when I'm pushed beyond my limits.  I also know that when I can't find the words to pray, you listen to my heart. 
Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others.  Keep me strong so that I may help those who are weaker than I.  Keep me uplifted so that I inturn may have words of encouragement for others to lift up when they need it.  I pray for those who are lost and can't find their way, for those who are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don't know you intimately, that they will come to know you before it is too late for them so to see the awesome God that you are, that your love is unconditional and never-ending.  Help me to continue to pray for all of those who do not believe, and that I may never forget the Thank you for sending your Son, so that I can believe.

I know Lord, that You can change not only things but people as well.  Father, I pray for my parents and all my sisters, brothers, and children; for each and every family member in their households.  I pray for peace, love and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs are met.  I pray that everyone knows that there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than God.  May we remember to place every battle in your hands while leaving them there and not taking them back because we want to be in control and may we seek your guidance to help us through each of them regardless of how big or small they may seem.

I thank you for the time you give me to spend with my loved ones.  May they always know how much and how hard I fight each day so that I can be here with them for as long as I can. And when that time comes, Father, may they always remember that I love them and am so proud to be called their daughter, sister, mother, Mema, and friend. 

I come to you tonight with many request Lord, but I know that they are already known to you, as you know my heart. May those who have not come to you, turn and run to you, may their hearts receive your never-ending, everlasting, unconditional love.  May their mouths confess willingly and openly to you so that we will live together eternally with you.

Lord, continue to use me to do Your will.  In Christ's name I pray,
Amen

No comments: