Monday, October 25, 2010

I have had enough for today

A day I don’t want to repeat.  I met with the Spine Center.  We decided to do an injection of cortisone in the right hip to try to relieve the pain, as well as one in the left shoulder to help that out.  As we get back into the ‘surgery’ room to do the injections.  They couldn’t get me on the table very well, but once finally there it only got worse.  Lying on my back is very difficult for me to start with, after laying there for what seemed like forever they started the injection in the hip.  When I saw the needle they were going to use, I asked the doctor why something so long, it was like 7 inches long.  He stated that he needed to be able to get around the joint to get all the medication in.  They started the injection on the front of my hip, then OMGoodness I felt a HUGE stick on the buttocks where the needle went all the way through, and penetrated the bed. 

After we got it all done and back in my chair they then proceeded to do the injection in my left shoulder, which went fine.  Tonight I am able to move my left arm more PRAISE GOD!!!!  But my hip is still very sore.  The doctor said that since there was no relief, then the problem was in the spine area (which is what he thought to start with) and may need surgery to repair.  I am suppose to go back in 2 weeks to see what we are going to do with things from there.  Another MRI, 2 different doctors and more time to be uncomfortable and unable to move are what I have to look forward to in the next 2 weeks.  I would just like to have a break. 

Forgive me Lord for the things I said to the doctor today, I know it wasn’t very pleasing to your ears, but I am human and was hurting and VERY angry.  I will write the doctor a note just to say I’m sorry, but today, I just couldn’t bring myself to tell him

With all of this, and not being able to shift weight and get off my backside, the pressure sore has gotten deeper; we are at 4mm deep now. We have a salve to put on it to try to heal it.  Reading about how they are taking care of Margaret’s sore, and seeming to get some results, I am going to try honey.  Yes, I said honey. I need to get this healed up NOW!!!!!!! And will be doing whatever I can to do so. 

Prayer request: My dad’s surgery to remove his leg is scheduled for this Wednesday, Oct 27th.  I won’t be able to travel to be there with him, but will be praying from afar.  Pray for Margaret, Matthew, Gabe, and the Cunningham family who just met their beautiful little girl they are adopting and bringing home from China next week. 

No comments: